Friday, May 17, 2013

It Seems Like Yesterday...

I have to admit that I am surprised by how much I miss the people that became my friends in the 33 months that I lived in the UAE. Yes, I swore that I was done with this blogging thing when I returned to the USA, but my good friend Vineet, wouldn't stop nagging me. He is such a good soul, before I left he stuck by my side and he kept saying, "John, you got to keep Blogging"...and I would say, are you crazy?...Well, Vineet called me today, and I thought if that fool friend of mine is going to waste his hard earned Dirhams calling me, I would give it a shot. I don't know how long I will continue this blog,  but for now, I will blog a couple of times a month....On the 1st and the 15th. I will try and keep my American friends aprised of what's up with the people that they read about the last three years in the Middle East, and I will hopefully interest my friends from Dubai with the tales from my new stomping ground in the Ozarks of America, and the observations from my new hometown in Springfield, Missouri.

So, hopefully a few of you are around, I will start chapter two by June first...

Vineet sent me a couple of pics...

First, the old broken down American takes his last stroll through Dubai's airport to catch that flight back home...

Life goes on for the friends he left behind....
As Vineet, Kumail and Muzzy celebrate their Cricket championship in April...See you back here in a couple of weeks...

1 comment: