Saturday, February 1, 2014

Our Friend - Bahama Bob!

This coming Monday, I am reporting to the Greene County Courthouse for Jury Duty. I served as a jury foreman about 20 years ago in Cobb County Georgia. The whole courtroom experience is as exciting as it is troubling. I remember being frustrated (it was a felony drug trial) that what I felt were obvious questions that should have been asked of the witnesses were never asked, and also feeling saddened for the defendant that we convicted as I watched his hapless Public Defender try and defend his client. I probably won't get picked, but I am hoping there will be a tale to tell.


I got a surprise phone call last week from my old pal Muzzy. He was here touring IFG in Florida, then attending CAB school in bone chilling cold Cleveland, Ohio. Muzzy hates the cold, so I was amused by his chattering on about how he couldn't get warm. We spoke twice while he was here and I got lot of good updates on my friends in the UAE. I am a little homesick for my friends on the other side of the world - I wish I could talk with all of them...It is weird to have so many people that I grew so close to, and now realizing that I may not ever see any of them again...Let's hope that I do get to visit with them again...


Well my friend and former boss Bob Green just got a second opportunity of a lifetime. He has been hired to be the Vice President of the newly SYSCO acquired Bahaman OPCO.  He begins his new opportunity in Mid February, and Sandy and him are obviously excited. I have spoken with him a few times (is the Bahamas in my career Future? - Rodz is hoping...lol) and I am really happy for him. The Greens now have a wonderful opportunity to set themselves up for a nice retirement. They are planning on selling their Atlanta home and move as a couple to the Bahamas. I am sure they will be happy living in the Caribbean paradise.


Speaking of Rodz, when I get to talk with some of you, the first thing that I am asked is "What's up with Rodz?" Well, it seems like nothing is moving as fast as I would like. She received an email on Monday from the American Embassy in Abu Dhabi, saying that they had requested her Immigration file from the American Embassy in Manila and they would contact her to set up her interview in Abu Dhabi once the file is received. I am hopeful that they will call her next week and hopefully set her interview up for Mid-February. If her Immigration to America is approved, she could literally be here within a week. Let's hope that we get good news for Valentines day.


My best friend Fred and his bride Debbie have got a contract to buy a home in Palm Beach, Florida. They are scheduled to close on their house in early March. It will be fun to fly to Florida and visit with them. Fred seems to revel in telling me how he is driving home from work with his AC on. He has a short memory on who has a bragging right on winter air conditioning use. This time last year I was living in Sandoval Gardens in Dubai, my air conditioning running almost 24/7.


Of course, winter is about to bite my butt here in Springfield with three new snow storms forecasted to hit here in the next 7 days....I wonder if anybody will be kind and shovel this old man's drive...lol. Stay dry wherever you are reading this blog from...Sorry that the blog this week is so brief with no pictures. Just think of the fun stories to come with Rodz forthcoming American experience, See you on Valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment