Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Back in the Sandpit!

Well where to start...


I left Miami (almost missed my flight, arrived 45 minutes before International flight...but begging sometimes actually works) on Friday, and after an 8 hour flight to Frankfurt, Germany a half hour walk through the terminal (I wish I was exaggerating- what a poorly laid out airport!), a 7 hour wait for my connection I landed in Dubai almost exactly 24 hours after the doors of my plane were shut in Miami. What a long an exhausting trip.
Vinny picked me up at the airport after 11 pm and whisked me to the Shangri La hotel. I tried to get a good nights sleep, but I would be kidding to say that I did. I wasn't feeling anywhere near normal until Monday. I woke up this morning at 5:30 am and turned on my laptop to the MLB package and watched the Reds/Padres game on the West Coast. It brought back memories of when I lived here trying to keep up with American sports.


I have had several excellent sales calls, and really am set up with some good opportunities. If I can close only 10% of what was presented to me, my company will be very successful. It does pay to leave a country on good terms and with a good name as both of the companies that I worked for over here have pledged full support and opportunity. I also have met with a few colleagues that worked with or for me in the past that now are in decision making positions, and those meetings also presented many potential opportunities. This trip is just what my business needed.


I had dinner with Kelly last night, she has invited me to attend her wedding here in Dubai in early January 2015. I am planning on being here for that grand event! I have also gotten to spend some time with Juan, Steve, Reem, Vinny, Kumail, Muzzy, Suresh, and Joseph. They are all good souls.


Ok - Now for the fun with Rodz part of the trip. We got to spend Sunday evening together, it was a wonderful, and fun evening. We dined at Cheesecake Factory in the Mall of Emirates. I am sure most of you have seen the photo's on my Facebook wall. I had my normal fun with Rodz on words, she asked me what was the main reason I came to Dubai, and in my normal flirty manor, I shared with her that "Monkey Business" was why, of course you Westerner's understand, and Rodz laughed. I laughed with her until her mom posted how nice it was for me to visit her daughter in Dubai, and Rodz posted back on her mothers Facebook wall that I came for "Monkey Business". Rodz doesn't read the blog anymore, nor does her mother....I think if I explain more to her, she will kill me...lol.


I am returning to South Florida tomorrow night, so I will leave for now. In 2 short weeks I will give you a complete immigration update!


Please keep me in your thoughts for a safe journey...





No comments:

Post a Comment