Friday, October 15, 2010

Leavin on a jet plane...

Bob, Fadi, and I are leaving in a few minutes to catch an Air France flight to Paris for a week long convention. I have packed my camera, but I am a little nervous. There is the terror watch for Americans to avoid France and a major transportation strike in France.It will be my first trip to Paris, lets keep our fingers crossed that I return to Dubai safely next Thursday.
This weeks fun in the UAE involved going to the Doctor. The health care industry is different (like so much else here). Bob's shoulder has been bothering him, so he made an appointment at the Dubai Health Care center at the Dubai Mall. (yes the Mall). So Bob told me that his co pay was 50 Dirhams (12 bucks), the facility was ultra modern.Pharmacy on site it was all covered, he recommended it to me.
I need a local doctor, so I made an appointment. After meeting with doctor having tests done picking up my prescription...my copay 2,300 Dirhams. It seems that Bob has better company insurance than me....sigh.
The good news is with my recent promotion I am elig. for the same insurance as Bob, beginning in January...
Got to call a cab...I'll post Paris pics on facebook...
Have a nice weekend!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment