Friday, March 18, 2011

Guest blogger number 2...

As I sit here, my mother is working on her guest blog...writing it down, so my break this week will be none...and from the questions she is asking me...well I am waiting to transcribe....my drivels return next week...Hope your weekend is as long as my week has been...Dad is drinking an ice cold Miller High Life, and Mom just finished hand writing a small novel...

From Richlands High School class of 1947....Helen Jean Rumgay Bruck....

"Andy and I arrived in Atlanta and I got through airport security with no problem. Andy got patted down - he had a knife blade and a can opener in his army wallet....
After a long walk, and a ride on the airport train we arrived at our gate where our 777 (big fellow) awaited us. Nice trip, we arrived in Dubai after 14 hours of flight. John met us at the Dubai Airport, he drove us to his apartment past the beautiful tall buildings, 7 wide lanes, 100 miles an hour (it's kph but mom's on a roll so I'll keep typing what she wrote).
Friday we went to the world's largest mall, where we had lunch and watched people ice skate. (John's NOTE:That's all Mom wrote about Friday- I will share about dad scaring me to death as we awaited paramedics bringing the ambulance, next week...).
Saturday we went with John to his office and met Sham and some other employees.
John took us out to eat dinner almost every night. Ate Italian, then Chinese. Had egg drop soup-steak dish and chicken. Nick ate dinner with us, then came to John's apartment to watch taped Survivor episodes.One night we went to Social House, I only had a salad. Wednesday John got us tickets and we went on a sight seeing double decker bus all over Dubai. There were beautiful flowers, red and white petunias, everywhere plenty of palm trees with Xmas lights, lighting their trunks. The streets had marble intersections. The buildings are all concrete, steel and marble. There are 25 new buildings you can see from John's porch. 40 to 70 floors - cranes on each of them. Other parts of town have same amount of construction.
Thursday went to world's 2nd largest mall. Had dinner and watched people ski. Friday went to church. Nice sermon, standing room only, over 300 seats, then we went to Elie (Transmed's Credit Manager) along with Sandy and Bob, Mary and Richard. Had a Lebanese feast- It was delicious. We leave for USA tomorrow. Nice visit - beautiful time, John was excellent host.
The only thing bad about our trip was I have a bad sinus infection and cough. Stopped at Pharmacy and I got antibiotics. I have kept Andy and John awake coughing.
The people are all friendly. Met John's friend Roe - beautiful Phillapena.
Went to hyper Panda at another mall - made Walmart look small. Taxis to the mall-cost 10 Dirhams ($2.70). Never got to ride on monorail, or go up in the Burj.Thank you."

Well, Mom and Dad return home tomorrow, there are stories to tell....catch you soon.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment