Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th....very scary...

Hi All, sorry I am a little late today, been a busy bee. Actually was just trying to negotiate two 56,000 kg containers full of Brazilian chicken breast on line....we are pennies apart.
Let's see, American Idol night will be on Sunday, Rodz and I are still rooting for Scottie, Nick for James the rocker....I don't know what Nick has planned for dinner. Survivor has been great for us also, the end is drawing near, I think we are both rooting for Boston Rob, but it will be unbelievable if he wins. Please no spoilers from all of you.
As you guys know, I am not fashionable, yes I know it (first step to recovery :-)
Nick has been on me to look more fashionable, yes in leisure time I now wear sandals, bluejeans, and leave my shirt untucked. Rodz likes the look, the problem with all this is simple....Nick is the sloppiest dresser I know (Mimi don't rat me out)...He was always in trouble at SYSCO West Coast Fla. for not shining his shoes...lol, so he is my "Joan Rivers". sigh...Jeans are unbelievably expensive here, so I will be buying a couple of pairs of Levis in August during my visit.
I learned today that my Lebanon High school class of 1981 has decided to have our 30th HS reunion in September instead of August. I haven't seen hardly any of my old classmates so this is really disappointing.So, Becki, Jeff, Susan, Scooter, Janet, Fran... Oh well, maybe I will be around for the 35th reunion....

We are having another good month in sales, but I have given up trying to make the big boss happy...always will want more, I think its just the way it is in the Middle East. We are short handed, with Juan back in the USA getting married,  Joseph in India going to bring back his new born baby and his wife, Nasser gone to Lebanon to have surgery. I was told by Senior Management to call one or two back from vacation, I declined....

Ceren is recovering nicely from her car wreck injuries. She returned to work on Tuesday and the swelling in her face goes down every day. Rodz and I were out for dinner on Tuesday night, and Ceren stopped by the restaurant to say hi ...I thought it was going to start snowing...
Speaking of the weather, it was over 100 for the 4th straight day today with tonight's low fore casted for 86 degrees...the temps are suppose to be over 100 all next week, I am not ready for the heat, but I don't think anybody is asking me.
I spent two days in Al Ain with Bob, Kelly, and Richard blitzing Elie Nader's territory . It went really well. I love Elie and Al Ain. Thursday, I was in Abu Dhabi making calls with Hicham. I needed today's long sleep. Tonight, Nick and I had dinner at Tony Romo's Ribs (did not like the beef short ribs) and then I picked Rodz up from work and drove her home. Oh well, I feel like I rambled this week, I will try and be more coherent next time.
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment