Friday, April 20, 2012

Solitary life....Resort? or Isolationism?

Fred and I shared an interesting conversation while he visited last month. Am I an extrovert or an introvert? Am I social or anti-social? Not as clear cut as one would think. With loads of self reflecting time available to me...the answer is elusive. I am not afraid of public speaking, and I enjoy starting a conversation with a stranger (the victims of my tireless prattling on the elevators at work...well, I make it interesting -or annoying, once again all about perspective)... You may not know, that I don't enjoy parties or large gatherings. I am at my happiest in small intimate groups, a date or 3 or 4 maximum. More than that, oye Vay...I have started my post Rodz life, actually have started socializing again (Relax -I will detail more if it gets serious) It's funny how time passes so much better when you have distracting pursuits outside of work...lol.
I was thinking about my buddy Nick this morning. I was watching ESPN (God bless ESPN America) and saw that Albert Pujols has not yet hit a homer for the California Angels yet. When big Albert left St. Louis for California as a free agent this past winter (remember Nick is a huge St. Louis Cardinal fan) you would have thought that Albert had beat one of Nicks children with his bat. He was totally pissed, and hate flared from his perception of betrayal. Never mind, the reasons Pujols took the money and ran, he had pissed in Nick's Wheaties. Now, I know Nick, when he sees Albert Struggling- it's all about the Karma...enjoy it now Nick, might not last much longer.lol,
Muzzy and I have planned our "business trip" to Australia for the end on the month. We would leave here on next Saturday (the 28th) and after our 14 hour flight we would spend a couple of days in the Brisbane area followed by a couple days near Melbourne. Muzzy has lined up four different ranch's for us to visit. The trip has been blessed and suggested for a long time, but tickets still have not been purchased....Our visa's are purchased , but we will see...
We had a hard rain (still a rarity) on Wednesday evening. I was driving in it. Lasted about 15 minutes, the sky's are clean and the weather continues to heat up. Last year it didn't rain between March and January. It has rained 5 or 6 times this year....but the end has probably arrived. I don't expect it to rain again in Dubai til late December or early January.
My apartment complex has started to fill up with residents - you may recall that I moved in just before New Years and was the first, when my mom and brother visited in January there were probably a half dozen residents. Now I would say there are probably 40 residents. (third full).It is nicely furnished, and the pool is now busy...I really like it at my apartment...It is the equivalent of a post property in Atlanta ( or a $1200 a month apartment)...Really nice and cozy. I even bought a live tree/plant for my living room...I wonder who will be alive and living here in Dubai longer....me or my plant...lol.
I pretty much am down to three close friends at work (I love my team - but I am talking about the ones that I share outside of work quality time). Muzzy, Kelly and Hayley. I am looking forward to spending a week in Australia with Muzzy. Kelly and I try and have lunch a couple of times a week and I couldn't imagine continuing my job here if either one of them left. Outside of normal business it's my New York buddy Hayley. We both spent loads of time together since our break ups with our Significant others (her Arab my Philipina). Well she has just started seeing a French lad (I have not met him yet - so no approval yet...lol) and my burgeoning social calendar, means my off time will probably change dramatically. In that vane, Hayley and I are meeting at Fuddruckers in Festival City for lunch, and I need to scoot now, or be late.
Next week, I will give you my definite travel plans (Australia) or fill you in on what went wrong with the planning....have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment