Friday, June 1, 2012

On the Road in the USA and couldn't be happier

On the road in the US, and I couldn't be happier.  I returned to the greatest land in the Universe on Friday, and I am knee deep into my vacation. I am not sure I should blog about my trip to the states, but since Muzzy and Hayley are two of my most devoted blogee's I will update them about my travels to America. The rest of you, well pretend you are on a plane looking over the shoulder of the person in front of you (that would be Tonto) and read whats on his laptop.  See, now that's fun...don't worry I will be brief the next two weeks.
Saturday, I picked up Fred in Knoxville, and we drove up to Cincinnati. The Reds played the Rockies at blazing hot (record heat in May....sigh) Great American Ballpark. If you recall, during my vacation to the States last year Fred and I went to a Reds game and they set a new record for home runs in a game at Reds Great American Ball park combining with the light hitting Padres for 8 Home runs (Muzzy/Tonto - I know you have never seen a baseball game, it's the American pastime, a lot like cricket that you and Kumail play, except it takes very smart athletes to play baseball- its a cerebral game lol). Well that record setting outburst last August was very exciting for us...8 home runs how could we top that...well this past Sunday, The Reds and Rockies hit 9, that's right - topping last years record setting performance by 1 - what a blast we had. We continued our journey on Sunday evening by driving to Chicago. The combined 10 hours in the car, felt like just a few minutes as we caught up on all the news and gossip that best friends share.  On Monday morning, we decided that (we were staying in Joliette about an hour south of Chicago) we would take mass transit to Chicago to see the game. Well, on Memorial Day the box office was closed at local Joliette mass transit system, so we decided to take Amtrak to Chicago. It was 6 dollars each for us to ride to Union Station in downtown Chicago. Then we took a cab ($22 for those tracking your inheritance) to Wrigley. It was hot (yes in the 90's - once again record heat for May) and our old cabbie decided that the windows down, was a much better way to travel instead of that new fangled air conditioned cab. He could drive in Dubai with his aggressive style, and man he could curse....the "F word" was his favorite. Honestly, it was part of our good weekend. Oh yes, the game....The Cubs and Padres combined for 8 home runs...lol...the last three games that Fred and I saw together there were 25 home runs...We will have a tough act to beat next summer.
After sticking Fred on a plane to send him back to Knoxville on Tuesday, I headed south to St Louis. My great friend Stacey hooked me up with a free room at Harrah's and I have been a gambling fool for a couple of days. Tonight, my good friend Steve Reznikov (former coworker at SYSCO St. Louis) picked me up and we went to dinner at Stefanino's Pizzeria. We had an extra large Pepperoni Pizza and yes, we ate it all. The weather is chilly and rainy is St. Louis (in the 70's...brrr). It's good to have friends. I am planning on Seeing Nathan and Chad on Friday, then I head to Knoxville. I have a meeting on Monday morning, then I head home for a week with the parents. It's been a great trip, and there's more to come....
Oh well, I will blog from then parents house next week, and maybe share something interesting and insightful for a change....ok. probably not. Happy birthday to my good friend Juvy back in Dubai, I will take you out for cake and Ice cream after the 13th when I get home....


No comments:

Post a Comment