Friday, September 28, 2012

Hayley's new Beau....

I am on a good roll right now. My Cincinnati Reds are headed to the playoffs. The NFL has started back (and my Cowboys look average again). My fantasy baseball team is in third place so I should win a few dollars. In my fantasy football pick'em league, I am in 1st (out of 105 people) after the first three weeks. I have played in this League for 8 years and this is the first time that I have ever been in first. Ironic that I am keeping all kind of weird hours (NFL football is on from 9 pm until 3:30 am, and most National League baseball games start at 3:15 AM -Watching these contests while starting a new job) and somehow devoid of as much information that I usually have am winning a contest of picking correct winners of American Football games. Last year Nick amused me with his antics while watching his St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series....Now I am getting that much needed diversion.
My social buddy Hayley has been spending time with a new guy (South African fellow that I have not met yet). Well, my friend Hayley does what a lot of cute friends of the opposite sex does, cancels our get togethers, for last minute canoodling with her new boyfriend. Well she called me Tuesday to cancel our dinner date....I hang up disappointed, well Hayley sends me an instant message on my Blackberry with a picture attached. Well, I am going to get a gander of this South African "eye candy" that has Hayley mesmerized (OK a slight exaggeration because of my disappointment)

I open the picture and I see this middle aged slovenly man and I think..."Is she crazy"? Good looking sweet gal like Hayley, settling for some oaf....
Fat cheeked man with bad hair....Well, like you I looked a little closer, and I realized that Hayley had sent me a picture of she and I from a dinner we attended together. The over weight oaf that Hayley was hanging out with in the photo was me -not her new South African boyfriend....I didn't even recognize myself....The time has come, I have to start working out...sigh.
Kelly is ready to start her new job, today we are having lunch and then going grocery shopping together, I may have a new "girl friend", sadly, she may have a new girlfriend also..lol me! It's all good, I love Kelly, she is a great friend. I had dinner with my old Transmed colleague Georges last night at IHOP. It was good seeing him and it was easy to remember why I like Georges so much. We teased each other and did our best to out embarrass each other with our cherubic Philippine server with a smile only an orthodontist could love. It was all great fun.
Sales are going well at my new company. We signed a prestigious chain to a couple of contracts yo cover their seafood and American beef needs through 2013. It is worth about $5 million American, something to make my new employers smile.I did spend another working day with Jitesh (remember Jitesh, the Indian crooner of Kenny Rogers songs) - well, I got to "hear" another side of him this time...He is also a Pink Floyd admirer, and yes I sing "Another brick in the wall" much better than Jitesh does....
For some unknown reason, I have been taping True Blood, Survivor and Cougar Town and not watching them. Maybe it is my overload of great American sports, but the good news is the entertainment is piling up for after the baseball season.
I may or may not be doing a little traveling in October, the plan at this moment is for me to spend some time in Oman and France in October....maybe, just maybe I will have something interesting to chat with you about.

No comments:

Post a Comment